Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Final Event!

(Click to embiggen any images!)

Today is the last day of class, so it's time to wrap up final projects. We decided to do a collaborative comic featuring each member of the class pitching their own weird idea for the final -- so META! I volunteered to do the cover for the project. I had the idea to base the cover on an old EC Comics cover by Johnny Craig -- specifically, Vault of Horror #32.



Since I was doing the cover, I decided to incorporate several ideas from other classmates, most notably... *sigh* ... Snookie from Jersey Shore dressed in a pickle costume, as imagined by my buddy John. His nightmare lies below...



Here are my pencils for the cover, based on Johnny Craig's layout for the Vault of Horror piece...


And finally...the finished product, with coloring and lettering!



That's all for this quarter! Hopefully I'll stay in the habit of posting my stuff here and be back soon. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment